There are very few people on earth who give their all and bring smiles to millions of faces.
Chakda ‘Xpress Jhulan Goswami is one of them.
It’s not an easy job, especially for a fast bowler, to survive in international cricket even at the age of 39 years.
Jhulan Goswami is an inspiration for the generation who prefers to retire from international cricket early and loves to play franchise T20 cricket.
One of the greatest of all-time women cricketers Chakda ‘Xpress Jhulan Goswami said goodbye to international cricket on September 24, 2022.
Indian women’s most successful fast bowler played her last game against England at Home of Cricket Lord’s, London.
Nicknamed ‘Babul’ aka Chakda Express enjoyed every bit of her last game and helped his to clean-sweep England women’s team 3-0 and win the ODI series after a long time of 23 years.
Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, who will be playing the role of the Indian pacer in the upcoming sports biopic named Chakda ‘Xpress, expressed her views on the retirement of the greatest Indian women’s fast bowler and penned down an emotional note,
“An inspiration. A role-model. A legend. Your name will be etched in history forever. Thank you @jhulangoswami, for being a game changer in Indian Women’s Cricket.”
Chakda ‘Xpress Jhulan Goswami has sweat hard to get all these applauses, let’s look at her overall cricketing career
During this inspirational and fighting journey, Jhulan Goswami made some international records that will likely never be broken. Here are a few of the records:
- 19 Years 262 Days, second longest career in Women’s Test Matches
- 23 Years 277 Days, youngest women cricketer to take a 10-wicket haul in test matches
- 18, most ducks in Women’s ODI matches
- 253, most wickets in ODI cricket
- 6/31, best figures in an ODI inning when on the losing side. (India vs New Zealand- 05/07/2011)
- The only cricketer to score 1000 runs and 100 wickets in women’s ODI Cricket
- 9954, most balls bowled in ODI career
- 5622, most runs conceded in ODIs
- 56, most ODI wickets (LBW)
- 95, most ODI wickets (Bowled)
- 40, most ODI wickets (Caught of Keeper)
Certainly, the above-mentioned international records are tough to break.
In a game of runs, Chakda Express has reached every possible station and has made everyone go crazy to watch women’s cricket in a male dominating sport.
Not only women’s cricket but also the whole sporting world will miss her. We hope she’ll be missing 22 yards too for a long long time.